Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, has evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions, and been touted among the "World’s Most Admired” companies per Fortune Magazine for the past decade. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense, and we provide mentorship and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
Strategic finance manager leading the team responsible for finance business partnering to the global Information Technology, Corporate Strategy, New Business Innovation and Workspace Futures teams, as well as the Smart + Connected and Strategic Partners product categories. Oversees month-end financial close compliance and governance activities, monthly business reporting, forecasting and annual budgeting. Executes spending governance duties including review and approval of all material purchases and capital investments. Regularly delivers presentations on financial results to business leadership. Leads strategic projects with the business aimed at improving profitability and managing costs to deliver the maximum strategic value. Provides leadership, guidance and support to staff. Actively involved in product development projects including resource and profitability modeling and global product launch activities. Uses insights to guide teams through project funding decisions including point-of-view development, assumption monitoring, plan-to-implement and assessment of results. Monitors and evaluates the progress of strategic projects and product lines.
• Leadership Skills – Strong planning and management skills. Demonstrated experience in developing and leading high performance and self-directed teams. Ability to utilize sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
• Project Management – Establishes priorities and target dates, acquires vital resources, and coordinates implementation.
• Technical Skills – Demonstrates high proficiency in the subject area including solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial statements. Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Business Knowledge – Knowledgeable in all aspect of the team’s assigned tasks. Strong working knowledge of business functions and industry practices at Steelcase. Strong business acumen.
• Business Strategy/Planning: Builds and evaluates a business plan; assesses and implements strategies to support the business and accomplish the plan.
• Communication Skills: Demonstrates strong presentation skills. Is proactive in building positive relationships among team members and other functions with which the team interacts. Ability to express thoughts and findings clearly and succinctly (both written and orally); tailors communications for different audiences; listens well and effectively contributes to discussions; makes technical points understandable.
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Eight or more years of applicable experience
• Minimum of one year of management or leadership experience required
• Experience compiling and assessing product line results and business P&L’s preferred
• CPA or MBA preferred
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all invited to apply.
To apply please email email@example.com.