Founded in 2013, Proponents LLC (www.proponentsllc.com) provides evaluation, capacity building, team building, strategic planning, facilitation, and individual coaching services. Through our work, we hope our clients gain greater alignment, insight, clarity, purpose, and courage. We adhere to and practice the following values and approaches (described here: http://proponentsllc.com/approach/):
Relationships & Authenticity | Partnership & Facilitation | Learning & Growth | Competency & Excellence | Equity & Justice
Proponents is seeking to partner with an independently motivated, dependable, and curious Associate Consultant for an evaluation of an early childhood education program that predominately serves families of color in Grand Rapids, MI. As part of the evaluation, those families and program staff will be interviewed. The ideal Associate Consultant will:
• Eagerly contribute creative ideas and unique perspectives within a team
• Actively participate in evaluation team meetings and progress updates with the client
• Assist with developing interview or discussion guides
• Assist with facilitating culturally-responsive interviews with families and staff
• Provide opinions, insight, and perspectives regarding interview data, conclusions, and recommendations
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, has experience or interest in facilitating interviews, and has or wants hands-on experience with evaluation. We expect the candidate will support our aim in facilitating a safe, confidential environment where staff and families can comfortably share their experiences and perspectives. This position requires:
• Flexible schedule and availability to meet sporadically during the weekday or evening hours
• Ability to meet virtually and work remotely
• Desire to learn and grow
• Ability to empathize with or relate to staff working in social services or early childhood education; Ability to empathize with or relate to families with young children
• Understanding of the local community dynamics
• Commitment to practicing the mission and values of Proponents LLC
• Ability to speak Spanish preferred
The Associate Consultant will need to have access to their own computer and internet.
This would be a part-time, contract, hourly position. It is anticipated that this contract would be for approximately 50 hours total from February 2021 through at least July 2021 (perhaps beyond). However, future opportunities may be available. We will do our best to honor the ideal candidate’s hourly rate.
If interested, please reach out to Matteah Spencer Reppart at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 914-4210 by February 22, 2021. Please be prepared to briefly share, either verbally or in writing, the answers to the following questions:
• Why are you interested in partnering with us in this role?
• What experience, skills, or interest do you have in facilitating interviews?
• What experience, skills, or interest do you have with evaluation?
• What experience or skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate? What are one or two strengths that you would bring to this role?
• Do you have an hourly rate?
Proponents LLC is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, immigrant, bilingual, and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Proponents is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws and strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, creed, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and/or weight, disability, gender identity or expression, medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS-related conditions, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, arrest record, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing or verbally of special needs at the time of application. While performing the responsibilities of the job, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essentials functions of the job.