At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
Corporate Education Manager
WORK LOCATION: Detroit Campus
TARGET HIRING RANGE: $46,000 - $52,000 (Actual pay offered will be commensurate with candidate qualifications and experience, and pay equity both internal and external.)
This position is responsible for generating enrollment opportunities and driving enrollment and non-credit sales growth for Davenport University, offering credit or non-credit solutions within the assigned territory by, independently or in tandem with other members of the IPEx team, calling on identified businesses and organizations, actively acquiring new business partnerships and growing several existing partnerships. This position will identify corporate educational needs; build high-level relationships; identify motivators and remove barriers for entry to Davenport University.
This position will assist in negotiating proposals and agreements for educational programs using the full complement of the Davenport University offerings designed to assist the university’s corporate partners. This position will work with organizations to identify business needs, begin to design training and education solutions, participate in proposal and agreement development for services provided and ensure quality of delivery services. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Prospect for new business and increase awareness of Davenport University’s capabilities (degree programs, certifications, publicly offered professional development courses, custom training, etc.) through in person meetings, referrals, emailing, cold calling, and networking.
- Identify strategic business needs for clients, develop action plans and cultivate business relationships to generate qualified opportunities for Davenport University’ capabilities.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to execute solution selling to customers at the corporate and operational level.
- In coordination with IPEx leadership, identify, qualify, develop and close sales opportunities.
- Communicate daily with team members concerning upcoming projects, customer needs, and any necessary follow-up activity to manage and shape customer expectations.
- Maintain the CRM for all customers and prospects.
- Strategically collaborate with IPEx team on key accounts, opportunities, and projects.
- Work closely with IPEx Operations team to ensure quality deliverables on all commitments agreed upon within client agreements.
- Collaborate with Admissions for implementation of new and existing partnerships to increase enrollment for degree-seeking students.
- Work with Davenport University internal departments to leverage relationships and develop and close opportunities.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies associated within IPEx or other role specific regulations.
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in field such as marketing or business or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience (7+ years preferred).
- Five (5) or more years of experience with outside sales in one or more of DU’s market areas.
- Demonstrated experience and success within a team selling approach. Must be strong self-starter with the ability to build corporate level relationships, align training and business strategies, and create the demand to close business.
- Emerging skills in prospecting and breaking into new accounts with a background managing medium to large accounts.
- Accountability and ownership; attention to detail and follow through; strong relationship building and negotiation skills; strong written & verbal communication skills; dynamic presentation skills.
- Approximately 50% travel in assigned territories.
- Ability to be proficient with computerized data systems such as email, Microsoft Office, Google suite, Salesforce.com and the internet.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Business office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and standing. Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand s
- Some travel between locations required (own transportation).
- No regular lifting requirements, occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
As a full-time team member, you will be eligible for a robust array of benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with 10% employer contribution, tuition remission, generous paid-time-off, life insurance, disability, flexible work arrangements, professional development opportunities and more!
Davenport University is committed to building and supporting a diverse community of students, faculty and staff.
Davenport University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, applicants and students without
unlawful discrimination based on national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender
identity, veteran or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment and
Interested? Apply Here