Who we are:
West Michigan Partnership for Children (WMPC) administers foster care services to children and families in Kent County, MI in partnership with Bethany Christian Services, Catholic Charities West Michigan, D.A. Blodgett—St. John’s, Samaritas, and Wellspring Lutheran Services. WMPC is piloting an innovative performance-based funding model through a contract with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), utilizing a capitated allocation payment mechanism that allows for savings generated from practice and program improvements to be reinvested into the foster care system. WMPC utilizes software that allows for predictive analytics to inform strategy and practice, and to flag cases that are at risk for further review. WMPC’s mission is to empower communities to create better futures for children and families through innovation and collaboration and it does this through its core values of accountable, data-driven, innovative, trauma-informed, tireless collaboration, and social justice.
We are a talented, creative group of passionate professionals who are committed to creating better futures for children. We value a workplace which embraces multi-dimensional diversity and promotes work-life balance. We are energized and motivated by our mission of improving outcomes for children and we know that it takes all of us! Our work environment is highly collaborative, both within the office and within the community, and we believe the best solutions lie within those we serve.
How you will spend your day:
- Providing consultation to staff from the subcontracted providers to ensure the needs of children and parents are met and ensure appropriate placements of all children. This may include attending Family Team Meetings or case conferences.
- Ensuring timely and appropriate approval of service authorizations in MiSACWIS.
- Remaining knowledgeable of all foster home licensing rules and state policies and procedures related to children in foster care, adoption, and independent living.
- Remaining knowledgeable of complex mental health/trauma, medical, safety, and juvenile justice issues that impact children who are placed in foster care.
- Ensuring maximization of community resources and collaboration with Network 180 and WMPC Clinical Liaisons.
- Coordinating with PQI team to monitor safety, permanency, and well-being of children in foster care.
- Participate in awareness or foster parent recruitment events scheduled by either WMPC or subcontracted providers.
- Participating and/or leading various network workgroups and projects (ex. Foster Kent Kids, Adoption Implementation, Supportive Services, YIT, etc.) as assigned.
- Participating in case management file reviews to determine effectiveness of service provision and evaluating permanency outcomes.
- Maintaining consistent office hours with assigned agencies.
- Participating in on-call rotation for Child Placing Network and after-hours emergencies.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other human service degree.
- Three years’ of progressively responsible and related experience.
- Experience working for a child-placing agency required.
- Knowledge of child welfare principles/standards, practices, and systems (i.e. foster care, adoption, child placing agency licensing and placement procedures).
- Knowledge and experience in trauma-informed practices.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to lead and interact with a diverse group of individuals and stakeholders.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
What we provide:
We know our team members are our greatest resource! We invest in them by offering:
- A dynamic and creative office culture.
- Flexible scheduling, work from home options, and generous PTO to promote a healthy work-life balance.
- Health benefits with WMPC contributions.
- 503B with WMPC Contributions.
- Professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to create better futures for children.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this sounds like you, use this link to apply https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/WestMichiganPart.careers?CareersSearch