We are seeking two full-time Recovery Coaches that will assist individuals towards harm reduction, wellness, and readiness for treatment while working alongside other professionals as part of the Grand Rapids Homeless Outreach Team (HOT). They will also help determine which individuals may need to receive screening or assessment at the Network 180 Access Center for mental health and/or substance use services. Other tasks may include linking clients to housing resources, employment opportunities, food, medical services, and other basis needs. The Recovery Coach will bring their lived experience and peer perspective to the Homeless Outreach Team to assist with client engagement and education.
The Recovery Coaches will be a part of the Grand Rapids Homeless Outreach Team (HOT), a team focused on the holistic needs of the city’s homeless population. The team responds together to assist with community needs focusing on engagement and jail diversion. The team consists of a police officers, firefighters, Recovery Coaches, and Clinical Specialists. The team works in the community in areas like the Heartside District, Michigan/Fuller, Burton/Division, and other locations where individuals experiencing homelessness live and congregate. HOT is a problem-solving team that helps to engage, educate, and link homeless individuals to community resources. Starting hourly wage $15.13.
Schedule: 4 ten-hour days, 6am – 5pm. Days of work will rotate each week, including weekends. Schedule may change based on business needs. Time Limited ending August 31, 2021
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 years relevant work experience, may include volunteer work
• In stable recovery
• Actively working in a recovery program (12 step, church/spiritual, or other recovery support group)
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job related use
• Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
• Knowledge and skills sufficient for establishing effective relationships with consumers who have a substance use disorder, their families, and team members
• Knowledge about substance use disorders as it pertains to recovery and crisis planning
• Basic computer skills
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good problem-solving skills
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
For a detailed job description, minimum qualifications, responsibilities and information on how to apply directly through our website, please visit www.network180.org.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates in E-Verify.