Disability Advocates of Kent County is seeking a Communications Coordinator for its Development Department!
The Communications Coordinator for the Development Department will plan, develop, and implement all outbound communications and social media for Disability Advocates of Kent County. Their primary function will be the development of Disability Advocates’ story to be disseminated through all communication channels to continue to build awareness of the organization, the work we do, and the community we serve and work with.
Expected Skills and Attributes
- Must be a highly organized self-starter with strong writing, editing and communications skills,
along with a proven background in creating both print and online communications materials.
- Experience with social media, websites and digital and print assets such as photography,
video, and collateral.
- Must be detail oriented and able to balance multiple tasks to support numerous
communications functions throughout the organization.
- Be able to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, passionate, structured and
- Comfortable with all social media platforms and technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office program applications, e-mail, and Internet research.
This is a non-exempt, hourly, 15-20 hours per week position at an hourly rate of $ 15-18 per hour, based on experience. A benefits package is available pursuant to Disability Advocates policies for part-time employees.
We advocate and facilitate action by persons with disabilities and the community to achieve equal access for all. We support equal employment opportunities at Disability Advocates for persons with disabilities through various workplace accommodations, therefore we encourage persons with disabilities and veterans to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
How to apply:
For a more detailed job description, please visit our website at https://www.dakc.us/careers/. Applications will be accepted through Monday, November 30, 2020. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or Human Resources, Disability Advocates of Kent County, 3600 Camelot SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.