WEST MICHIGAN PARTNERSHIP FOR CHILDREN
Have you heard? Kent County is piloting a data-driven, innovative, performance-based approach to administering foster care that is transforming child welfare and creating better futures for children! Do you want to be a part of it? West Michigan Partnership for Children (WMPC) has developed a new C-Suite position, the Chief Engagement and Equity Officer, and we are hiring!
WHO WE ARE
WMPC administers foster care services to children and families in Kent County, MI in partnership with Bethany Christian Services, Catholic Charities West Michigan, D.A. Blodgett—St. Johns, Samaritas, and Wellspring Lutheran Services. WMPC is piloting an innovative performance-based funding model through a contract with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, utilizing a capitated allocation payment mechanism that allows for savings generated from practice and program improvements to be reinvested into the foster care system. WMPC utilizes software that allows for predictive analytics to inform strategy and practice, and to identify cases in need of further review. WMPC’s mission is to empower communities to create better futures for children and families through innovation and collaboration and it does this through its core values of accountable, data-driven, innovative, trauma-informed, tireless collaboration, and social justice.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR DAY
The Chief Engagement and Equity Officer will provide visionary leadership and galvanize and deploy internal and external resources necessary to execute a model community engagement strategy to create a more inclusive foster care system that yields improved outcomes for children and families.
The Chief Engagement and Equity Officer will:
- Lead the advancement of WMPC’s strategic goal of building race equity in the foster care system through
developing, supporting, and ensuring an inclusive framework for all WMPC domains in collaboration with
- WMPC’s Board of Directors, Leadership team, and all staff.
- Build strategic relationships and partnerships with a particular focus on those with lived experience in the child
- Provide leadership of WMPC’s communications strategy; ensuring the different situatedness of persons served by
WMPC is considered in all public relations.
- Identify opportunities for partnerships to leverage WMPC’s expertise to further its mission and vision.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the Performance and Quality Improvement team to ensure evaluation and measurement of the
effectiveness of WMPC’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in public administration, social work, ministry or pastoral care, communications, public relations, political science, or related field required. Lived experience with the child welfare, adoption, juvenile justice, and/or mental health system preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership and influential abilities over diverse external groups
- Highly developed & agile written and verbal communication skills with people at all levels and diverse cultural
backgrounds to include key external organizations, persons with lived experience, and the community at large.
- Experience leading successful communication campaigns.
- Proven ability to cultivate and sustain strategic partnerships, including legislators, government officials,
community-based organizations, the private sector, and donors.
- Experience in managing multiple relationships with departments and agencies to determine and reach common
goals and objectives
- Proven ability to oversee and guide complex, politically sensitive community processes that result in strong
- Experience in policy development.
- Strong problem-solving skills; experience in managing conflict and ability to respond creatively to challenges.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We know that our staff is our greatest resource! We offer our employees:
- A dynamic and creative office culture;
- Flexible scheduling, work from home options, and a PTO package to promote a healthy work- life balance;
- Health benefits with WMPC contributions;
- Professional development opportunities;
- The opportunity to create better futures for children.
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 12/04/20.