Have you heard? Kent County is piloting a data-driven, innovative, performance-based approach to administering foster care that is transforming child welfare and creating better futures for children! Do you want to be a part of it? Look no further! The West Michigan Partnership for Children (WMPC) is building its team.
Who we are:
WMPC is a new organization that provides foster care and adoption services to children and families in Kent County, MI in partnership with Bethany Christian Services, Catholic Charities of West Michigan, D.A. Blodgett—St. Johns, Samaritas, and Wellspring Lutheran Services and through a contract with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). WMPC is piloting a performance-based contract, utilizing a case rate that incentivizes permanency while allowing for flexibility and creativity in funds. WMPC utilizes software that will allow for predictive analytics to project successful outcomes, and flag cases that are at risk. The WMPC seeks to empower communities to create better futures for children and families through innovation and collaboration.
We are a talented, creative group of passionate professionals who are committed to creating better futures for children. We value a workplace which embraces multi-dimensional diversity and promotes work-life balance. We are energized and motivated by our mission of improving outcomes for children and we know that it takes a village! Our work environment is highly collaborative, both within the office and within the community, and we believe the best solutions lie within those we serve.
How you will spend your day:
- Oversee all Parent Engagement Program services, implementation and programmatic issues, and day-to-day tasks.
- Develop and implement an individualized referral process and identify target populations in coordination with other child welfare services supervisors and managers.
- Collaborate and facilitate meetings with Parent Engagement Program staff at partner agencies.
- Monitor service utilization and related data points, recommending necessary adjustments to programming to ensure full utilization and successful outcomes.
- Identify and implement opportunities for training for parents, including communication skills training, navigating the child welfare system, advocating for your child, self-care, child development, and other relevant trainings.
- Develop an infrastructure and process for Parent Advisory Committee and identify individuals to serve on committee.
- Facilitate Parent Advisory Committee, parent interviews and focus groups, and participate in a Parent Feedback Project in coordination with WMPC’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Attend required agency meetings and trainings.
- Prepare program reports and required documentation for funder.
What we need from you:
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor or degree in human services or a related field from an accredited four-year college preferred. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on tasks without monitoring.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Word and Outlook.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact positively and objectively with co-workers, service providers, and families from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and with widely divergent levels of educational attainment and social skills and abilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
What we provide:
We know that our staff is our greatest resource! We invest in our employees by offering:
- A dynamic and creative office culture;
- Flexible scheduling and a generous PTO package to promote a healthy work-life balance;
- Health benefits, life insurance, and a retirement plan, all with WMPC contributions;
- Professional development opportunities;
- The opportunity to create better futures for children.
What to do next:
If this sounds like you, please submit your (1) cover letter with (2) resume to email@example.com!